this past august 6th was my daddy's 50th birthday. it was a really special time for my family. if there were one person who i would think would be the rock in our family it would be my daddy. he is someone everyone feels like they can go to. he is the type of person you want to be on your side. he's a great man and i'm so lucky to have him as my daddy. he's taught me so much and i don't think it's a bad thing at all when people joke that i'm so much like him. anyway, we took daddy out to eat in the restaurant of the bass pro shop (i forgot what it's called), and it was really nice. the food was great. (inside joke for my mama - the only one reading this) i don't think i've ever laughed so hard in my life. we had so much fun. i am so blessed to be from a family that can be totally sentimental/serious and turn right around and lighted the mood with laughing and having fun. that's what i think connects people more than anything anyway- laughter.
since we're on the topic of my daddy, i'll post some things about him:
1. he rarely calls us by our names. it's always a nickname with questionable origins. mama's main nickname is blossom (and lately dr. blossom). some of mine are faylene, ashi, ashi-faye, andress etc. kristen's: krika, krickle, annaville (b.k.l.), chrissopher. paul's: tayna and ------ ----. i don't feel comfortable posting that one. lol justin's already picked up some of his own too. he's justache.
2. he baby talks to all our animals. yes he does.
3. he can take any word in the English language and mutilate it with word play.
4. he's an only child who doesn't act like one.
5. he doesn't mind being alone or quiet. i got that from him.
6. he can rig anything to where it was working better before.
7. after 22 years, i still have times when i wonder whether he's joking or not.
8. he's a Christian who never would have had to tell me about Jesus or morals, because he lives them. just watching him is the best example.
9. he knows me better than anyone else.
10. i love how he loves mama and us. it's evident in how hard he works and the sacrifices he's made.
i love you, daddy!!