Friday, April 7, 2017

Harper Grace

I love how that wild patch of hair in the center of the back of your head. I love how you say, “mama, where are you?” when I walk out of the room. I love how you hug my neck and say, “I missed you, mama, all day!” even if I’ve been with you all day. I love the look on your face when you see someone you love. I love your freckle and how you say, “bye-bye freckle!” when I put socks on you at night. I love how when we get to the end of a book, you’ll say, “the eeeeend… again!” I love how you know when adults are praying and you bow your little head and fold your little hands. You never close your eyes, though. I love how you run full speed through the house and jump on the love seat. I love how you thank God for "strawberries in the refrigerator." I love how excited you get when I get to your classroom to pick you up in the afternoons. I love how you always steal my sweet tea. I love how you love pickles and “pinkles”. I love that you know when I’m upset. I love how you hold Baby in the crook of your left arm. I love how you say “milk”. I love how attentive and inquisitive you are. I love brushing your curls. I love the warm honey color of your hair. I love the little gap between your front teeth. I love how you run everywhere you go. I love you most in bubbles in the spring and summer. I love the backwards J-shaped vein in your hand. I love your half-in, half-out button. I love hearing your little feet walk across the hard floors in our home. I love watching you play so well by yourself. I love how you skip. I love that you love your kitties and want so bad for them to come near you. I love watching you shiver when you see a lady bug. I love hearing you say, “I yate yady bugs!” I love how you aren’t scared of anything. I love your grin. I love that you love the outside. I love how you still look like such a baby when you sleep. I love how you remember everything. I love how you sing all the time. I love how everyone loves you and you make friends wherever you go. I love your eyes and how they are every shade of blue. I love how you tell your daddy and I “bye” and “I love you” and blow kisses when we put you in bed at night. I love how you know what a Bible looks like. I love how you say, “oh, thank you!” I love how you play with your little pinky and wrap everything around it. I love how you want to do my makeup for me. And when I let you (on Saturdays, with no where to go) you say, "so pretty." I love that God trusted me with you. I love that you're my real-life baby doll, that sometimes has a sassy attitude. You're my sweet Harper, and I still can't believe that you're mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Harper Grace

I love how that wild patch of hair in the center of the back of your head. I love how you say, “mama, where are you?” when I walk out of th...