Tuesday, January 3, 2012

goodbye 2011

It is really hard for me to believe that 2011 is already gone. It will take me until june to stop writing 2011 on my checks, etc.


Overall Justin and I had a really great year. We are so blessed and it is never more evident to us than going through the holidays. They are all such special times to us. My favorite part during the holidays is the Candlelight Lord's Supper at my home church. We go into the sanctuary as a family and take the Lord's Supper together. The church started this about 6 or 7 years ago (I think) and since then it has been so special to me. It's a time when we can go home, get together and praise God and tell eachother what they mean to us. It's something I look forward to every single year. God really has blessed us so much this year. I can't say enough about His love. And may I say, I loved the Christmas was on a Sunday this year. What better place to be than His house on the day we celebrate His birth?


We rang in 2012 at our church, praying in the new year outside the front of the building. I think it is such a witness to the people still out and about. It's has been a really special time to us. I have high hopes for 2012 and I know it will be a good year (if my plans happen or not). God has taught me so much this last year and He's already starting this year... yesterday I watched the sun rise. I just happened to see a baby calf born whie I was sitting there. The whole experience was new to me and as I was watching that baby learn to walk it hit me.. that has to be what we look like to God. Just stumbling through life. We stand up, get cocky because we did it, and then fall back down. How many times of that does it take before we trust Him? I was reading Isaiah chapter 52 as I was sitting there. It talks about where God redeems Jerusalem. He tells them that they have given themselves away to NOTHING, and that they will be redeemed without money. In this new year I pray that I keep focused on Him, trust Him more...and stop stumbling through life and giving myself to the things of this world. It is so hard when you like shiny things. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Harper Grace

I love how that wild patch of hair in the center of the back of your head. I love how you say, “mama, where are you?” when I walk out of th...